Civic Hall Labs | 2017- Present | Communications Associate
- Implemented best communication practices and marketing infrastructure at start-up tech organization
- Created marketing strategies to accomplish diverse goals including: secure an extra $600,000 in funding, do damage control when a rogue partner threatened a project, and find talented applicants to our civic entrepreneurship program
- Crafted one-sheets, talking points, email campaigns, marketing content, strategic plans, and more for diverse audiences of nonprofit, government, and tech officials
Freelance | 2016-Present | Copywriter and Strategist
- Worked as a Copywriter/Marketing across a variety of industries, including menswear, medical marijuana, luxury cars, home remodeling, and several others.
- Created web copy, banner ads, posters, social media content/ads, blog posts, and drip email campaigns for wildly different audiences and causes
- Many repeat clients due to the conversion results of my work
Finn Partners | 2016-2017 | Publicist
- Worked as a publicist to generate interest in book authors and health media
- Wrote op-eds, bylines, social media content/strategies, media pitches, and marketing materials for a wide variety of clients and voices
- Secured placements for outlets as diverse as WNYC, Cracked.com, Playboy, US News and World Report, Wall Street Journal, and many more
Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance | 2015-2016| Associate Marketing Manager
- Created and implemented marketing strategies to develop organization from startup to respected advocacy nonprofit
- Spearheaded creative for petition campaign with the goal of pressuring two major charities to increase cure research, including scripts for video content, copy for banners ads, and a 6-month social media campaign
- Lead PR team to achieve media placements in The Wall Street Journal, Philanthropy Journal, A Sweet Life, DiabetesMine
- Drove company Facebook likes from 1,800 – 74,000, managed an email Alliance of 10,000+ members
- Lead switchover and created design for new Squarespace website from old Wordpress site to improve user experience
- Wrote new ad copy and enhanced Google Adwords targeting to triple monthly web traffic
- Report weekly to founder, Chairman of Activision Blizzard, Brian G. Kelly
- Previously Assistant Marketing Manager (2012-2015)
- Previously Associate Editor (2011
The Magic Jukebox: NYCFringe 2015 (Serious Theater Collective) | 2015 | Writer/Producer/Assistant Director/Lead Marketing
- Successfully led the effort to get a revamped version of "The Magic Jukebox" into The New York International Fringe Festival, a 200 play competition.
- Co-wrote the show and created entire three-month social campaign to promote the performances.
- Forged partnerships with other plays to create marketing opportunities including special networking events.
- Oversaw the creation of marketing assets including posters, postcards, press photos, promo shots, social media content, etc.
- Sold out 4/5 shows, received great reviews, offered 4 show extension by venue, given offer for 3-month run of new show in 2016
- Previously wrote and marketed "The Magic Jukebox Vol 1" (2014) and "Professor Von Awesome's Ghost Hunting Safari" (2013), receiving corporate sponsorship from the Howard Hughes Corporation to stage show the former show at the South Street Seaport free of charge to patrons, and selling out all NYC and Philly shows for the latter
Fangoria Magazine | 2010-2011 | Assistant Editor/Intern
- Wrote reviews for monthly horror magazine
- Edited dozens of news articles for web in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Awarded my own blog page (Raving Mad Masercola) due to consistently exceptional work
- Worked on advertorials designed to promote specific aspects of the Fangoria brand
Hofstra University | 2008-2011 | Resident Assistant
- Ran a thirty-five-person dormitory for three years
- Worked with a large staff to coordinate large-scale events for residents (Relay for Life)
- Managed budgets, programs, and community initiatives on my floor
- Mediated group conflicts and brought parties to fair compromises
Hofstra University | 2007-2011 | B.A. Film Studies and Production | GPA 3.6 | Cum Laude